Founded in 2001, we are digital marketing experts who help brands to use digital to upgrade their growth. We are Google’s longest serving European partner with a 19 year long relationship and have worked with them to deliver market-leading strategies for some of the world’s biggest companies. Our work has been recognised through several awards, achieving 11 major award wins in 2020 including “Best Use of Data” and “Best Use of Technology” at the Drum Awards.
About the Analytics and Data Team
We are a full service Analytics team and form part of Incubeta’s Global Operation Hub in Cape Town. We service clients globally, and are experts in Analytics Implementation, CRO, Data Analysis and Data Science. Our strength lies in our collaboration with each other and our drive to be the best in our fields. As the Analytics Implementation Team Lead, you will lead the Analytics Implementation pod in the bigger team.
Overview of Role
An Analytics Implementation Team Lead is responsible for managing the Analytics Implementation Team and driving data, measurement, tracking and analytics best practices across the team and the business. You are required to have detailed and in-depth technical, analytics and tagging knowledge which you will share with the team to grow and upskill them to a Senior level. As an Analytics Implementation Team Lead, you work closely with other Team Leads in the Conversion Rate Optimisation, Data Analysis and Data Science teams as well as with the Operations Team, Consulting Team and Client Services team.
You are required to:
- Manage the Analytics Implementation team
- Set and drive implementation best practices across the team
- Maintain an environment of learning and growth in the team
- Ensure all Analytics clients are being serviced to the highest standards
- Grow Analytics clients and look for new opportunities
- Working closely with Ops, Consultancy and Client Services teams
- Train and share knowledge both with your own team and the wider company
- Manage Tier 1 Analytics Clients
- Build out Analytics Implementation Service Offering
Role within the Organization
- Reports to the Head of Analytics & Data in the Global Ops Team.
- Works with the global ops team, international analytics teams, local and global commercial teams and global consultants (local and international)
Required Skills and Experience
As an Analytics Implementation Team Lead, you are required to set best practices for Analytics Implementation and data collection for your team and the wider company by staying on top of industry changes and developments. You are responsible for providing your team with frameworks and foundations to allow them to work in a standardized and efficient manner across clients globally. You are responsible for ensuring that the work outputted by your team is of a high standard and in line with the best practices you have set. You are personally responsible for managing the more complex tier 1 clients and ensuring that your team has the necessary skill sets to deliver on their clients.
In order to do this, you require the following skills:
- People Management and Leadership
- Google Analytics Implementation
- Google Analytics 4
- Google Analytics 360 (Universal Analytics)
- Google Tag Manager Implementation
- Advanced use of Tags, Variables and Triggers
- GTM Best practices and naming conventions
- Utilization of a data layer
- Utilization of Workspaces and Zones
- Utilization of tag and variable templates
- Deep understanding of Google Analytics, GTM and data layers in order to conduct Audits and Recommendations
- Measurement Plan Setup
- Macro and Micro Conversion Tagging (across platforms)
- Google Analytics Events for Audiences
- Google Analytics Events for Website Optimisations and Reporting
- Maintenance of Measurement plans
- GA4 Measurement Plans
- GA4 Set Up
- Advanced Google Sheets / Excel and the use of Supermetrics
- Datalayer Provision and Recommendations (Ecommerce and Non-Ecommerce)
- Offline to Online Integrations (Data Imports or Measurement Protocol in Google Analytics)
- Ability to support teams to resolve technology/platform problems as well as reporting discrepancies, tracking issues and any other tech-related issues which affect campaigns including but not limited to:
- Data Discrepancies in Google Analytics
- Data Discrepancies between Google Analytics and Integrated Platforms, including BigQuery
- Google Tag Manager and Website Tag Troubleshooting
- Adobe Analytics Solution Design Reference (preferred)
- Adobe Analytics Account Setup (advantage)
- Server Side Implementation Basics
- Segment Solution Design Basics
- Consent Tracking
- Facebook Conversion API Implementation
- Knowledge of Digital Marketing strategy / online acquisition channels and attribution
- Ability to create an enterprise level Measurement Framework
- Provide training to internal and external teams; including but not limited to:
- Google Analytics 360
- Google Analytics 4
- Google Tag Manager
- Digital Privacy
- Ability to think and act independently as well as collaboratively.
- Ability to mentor and support a junior team member
- Relentless enthusiasm and highly reliable.
- Ownership driven, pro-active to self-learn and make progress.
- Confidently deal with enquiries around analytics from and establish influential relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong technical communicator - able to turn complex technical concepts into simple and easy to understand concepts for both internal teams and clients.
- Strong professional business communication skills - ability to write a professional email, conduct presentations and speak professionally to clients and teams.
- Exceptional attention to detail and pride in any work produced.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, pro-learning environment on multiple priorities simultaneously. Strong ability to prioritize and manage own time as well as assisting teams where needed
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Display honesty and integrity at all times
- Accountable for your actions even when making mistakes
- Organized and detail oriented
- Be approachable and open to constructive feedback
- Display a hunger for knowledge and a willingness to learn for any situation
- Google Analytics Individual Qualification
- Certified Google Marketing Platform Partners Education (if possible):
- Design Successful Cross-Stack Architecture
- Data Capture with Sitewide Tagging
- Tech Infrastructure
- Privacy for Agencies and Partners
- Adobe Qualifications would be advantageous.
To be discussed in the interview process.