The Media Manager will be spending our clients digital budgets wisely within the real time bidding (RTB), social and paid search environment. Traders are required to know where best to buy inventory / online audiences for clients using demand side platforms / social platforms / paid search platforms and ensuring that client goals & ROI’s are met.
SO WHAT IS A Media Manager?
Media Managers are responsible for maximizing our advertisers digital budgets according to their required goals. In more simple words, Media Managers will be responsible for defining / creating digital RTB, social & paid search strategies, implementing this in platforms, and spending a predetermined budget - all to ensure client’s digital goals are met & that they see a full return on digital investment. You will need to understand how to buy inventory via various technologies at what price and what inventory / audiences / programmatic strategies will be successful of a campaign.
- Works closely with internal country consultants on strategic digital strategies
- Closely interacts with international Media Buying Consultancy and Account Management teams
- Employ Strategic Campaign set up with sufficient research and following direction given by country consultant
- Working closely with internal & external Consultants, Account Managers and Clients to develop and implement Media Buying strategies
- Working closely with CM team to ensure seamless integration with full GMP stack clients
- Being able to troubleshoot issues within CM and presenting solutions
- Build and traffic campaigns in DSP platforms including desktop, mobile, video - platforms are not limited to just one
- Analyse campaign performance and make recommendations for optimization
- Regular review of performance of campaigns across revenue, performance and pacing
- Ensure campaign delivery against revenue goals and Key Performance Indicators as established with the client and consultants
- Daily reporting and monitoring of campaigns to ensure performance goals and revenue objectives are met
- To ensure best practice RTB & buying techniques are employed at all times
- Being able to interpret data outside of programmatic & delivering holistic overview to client
- Ability to check different channel behaviour & impact of various channels on digital campaign performance eg. how does paid search influence performance on display / social
- Proactively seek new opportunities within programmatic space
- Ensure all correct revenues and media costs are reported on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all administration is accurate and up to date
- Being able to motivate oneself & to continue self development
Collaboration with Client Manager
- Close daily collaboration with consultants & regional leads to understand client’s goals and needs, communicating campaign metrics and performance to Sales and Client as needed;
- Campaign performance analysis and presentation to client manager and / or consultant for all campaigns
- First level of troubleshooting and triage on technical and performance related issues
Collaboration with Development teams
- Provide feedback and support to product management based on usage of NMPi MG proprietary technology platforms to help drive improvements and quality
- Work regularly with R&D team on giving real-time product improving feedback as well as collaborating with them on new campaign optimization techniques
The Media Buyer is able to independently set up and execute online campaigns for all international customers, in close accordance with the responsible client executive.
- Must have a passion for digital marketing and wanting to build a career within the digital space
- Minimum 2 year experience in buying media via demand side platforms as well as social platforms
- Experience with working on ad-servers - eg. Campaign Manager, Sizmek, Adform
- Experience in management of digital accounts with a ROI focus
- Experience in managing digital campaigns with branding and performance driven goals
- Experience with managing digital campaigns for video & mobile
- Must know how to work with budgets and how to allocate them effectively across different types of online media
- Experience with Google Analytics and how to implement & interpret data
- Ability to troubleshoot tech issues within buying platforms and present solutions
- Must have the ability to understand and interpret the strategy and execute this within the applicable platforms
- Ability to analyze campaigns & implement strategy based on findings
- Ability to conduct post-campaign analysis and to present that to country teams / client
- Ability to build reporting templates which is suited for client
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, strategically, and identify and resolve problems
- Ability to work closely with senior team members & consultants to take direction with campaigns
- Very diligent – staying on top of the details
- Ability to succeed in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in Marketing
- Experience working in a Media Agency within PPC/Google Ads/Search
- Experience within Google Campaign Manager (CM)
- Experience with working in a SSP or exchanges
- Experience within the affiliate / Lead Generation sector
- Experience within Google Tag Manager 360 or any other tag management tool
- Good technical communicator - be able to turn complexity into simplicity
- Passion for online advertising technology
- Autonomous, proactive and resourceful
- Self-motivated and driven individual
- Cool under pressure
- Being able to take direction & working closely with team members & consultants
- Being able to share knowledge with team
KEY COMPETENCIES AND WORK ETHIC
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Display professional and example behaviour at all times
- Specialized knowledge - have worked in a serious, thoughtful and sustained way to master the specialized knowledge needed to succeed in their fields; and that they keep this knowledge up-to-date, so that they can continue to deliver the best work possible.
- Competency - Professionals get the job done. They're reliable, and they keep their promises. If circumstances arise that prevent them from delivering on their promises, they manage expectations up front, and they do their best to make the situation right. Professionals don't make excuses, but focus on finding solutions.
- Gets the job done with a can do attitude
- Displays honesty and integrity at all times
- Be accountable for their actions even when making mistakes
- Show respect for the people around them, no matter what their role or situation.
- They exhibit a high degree of emotional intelligence (EI) by considering the emotions and needs of others, and they don't let a bad day impact how they interact with colleagues or clients.
- Project a positive attitude at all times towards clients team members and motivate team members when they are less positive.
- Display strong interpersonal skills. Ability to build strong relationships with clients and colleagues; display a strong team spirit.
- Maintain the highest standards of delivery, productivity and effectiveness at all times
- Organized and detail oriented
- Display focus and dedication at all times
- Be approachable and open to constructive criticism
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize high volume of projects simultaneously in a fast paced unpredictable environment.
- Ability to remain calm and thrive under pressure
- Strong problem solving skills
- Display a high level independence.
- This includes but is not limited to taking decisions independently while staying within the company guidelines; Proactive attitude; staying self-motivated; being self-reliant; continuous self-development without expecting to be taken by the hand.
- Display a hunger for knowledge and a willingness to learn for any situation
- Respect, appreciate and contribution towards decision making